Traditionally called the Schweinshaxe, our German-style roasted pork knuckle is slow-cooked to be tender and juicy on the inside, to be finished with a roasted-crisp skin on the outside. Typically finished with sauerkraut or braised red cabbage, all you need to do to enjoy this dish with minimal effort is heat it in the oven.
Crispy Pork Knuckle – $28.00/Piece
$28.00 Excluding 7% GST
Linley Valley Farms / Australian Pork
1. Remove Pork from the refrigerator for at least 30mins prior to cooking to get to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 230°C on fan-forced. If oven does not get that hot, amend to a longer finishing time with lower heat.
3. Open bag, remove Pork, gently scrape off excess fat and carefully pat dry with a paper towel, focusing on the skin.
4. To enjoy crispier skin, per KG of Pork, rub 1-2 teaspoons of Kosher salt on the skin surface.
5. Once the oven is hot, on a tray and parchment paper, place the Pork on the upper rack and allow it to cook for 25-30mins - until skin becomes to crisp. Each oven is different, so you will have to monitor the timing, and Pork skin can take longer to get crispy!
6. Once crisp has formed, allow Pork to rest, serve with mustard and you’re ready to go!
Our finishing instructions have been tested and recommended, but can be finished off in other ways. However, results may vary.
|Min. Order||1.2 KG +/- Pack|
|Serving Recommendation||1.2 KG +/- Pack [Serves 1~2]|
|Finishing||Heat in Oven - 25-30mins|
|Additional||Our finishing instructions have been tested and recommended, but can be finished off in other ways. However, results may vary.|
|*All weight is based on the weight when raw*|
|Dietary Claims||Source of high-quality protein, amino acids and various vitamins and minerals|
|Allergens||Contains - Dairy (Butter)|
|Ingredients||Bay Leaves, Black Pepper, Fresh Sage, Fresh Thyme, Garlic, Garlic Powder, Juniper Berries, Kosher salt, Onion Powder, White Pepper, Unsalted Butter|
|Farm||Our Pork is sourced through farms with high quality and ethical practices without the use of growth hormones, or genetically-modified feedstuff.|
|Please specify if you have any allergies and we will try to adapt our products to your needs|